Monday, February 21, 2011

KCPR Woodie

KCPR has been nominated for a Woodie by MTV. A Woodie is an award MTV gives out to the best college radio station (in MTV's opinion). Somehow corporate HQ at MTV decided to put us in the top 10 finalists. We're still in the running, and hoping we get it, and if we don't then fuck it. They're a bunch of conglomo cunts anyway. It's so punk to reject awards. However, I did get interviewed by CPTV about the Woodie nomination. I think it was on TV, but I missed it and I have no information about it. I tried finding it on the internet, but came up dry. The point is that it happened and it's out there somewhere on tape, and will end up in someone's basement. I'm also going to throw in that I had my number one fan on my show recently. He named his cat Pickles after me, his name is Jesse, it was rad.

Exene Cervenka

4 comments:

  1. Did they actually win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we didn't win. That's why the Dead Kennedys' song "MTV-Get Off The Air" was sent through the KCPR e-mail list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jello Biafra needs to remake that song for the present day.

    ReplyDelete