Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Trip To SF 9/3 - 9/8/12

I went to the bay to see John Maus, Lightning Bolt, Cool Ghouls, Cosmonauts, Sharky Coast, Thee Oh Sees, The Mallard, Sic Alps, and some random bands in Oakland. For mostly free, bitch! Being Music Director is BAWLER!
Damn it JT, cut your hair.

This is a handle in Wesley's apartment (Wesley, Garret, Tony, and Justin's apartment) that opens the door from the top of the stairs. It doesn't work, sadly.

San Francisco

SIMON! So the inside joke is explained.











I'm in an In and Out, get it? Burger! Matt and I ate there with Cool Ghouls because they're cool.


You know what's terrifying about this windmill? I remember being here when I was like 6 or 7 with my mom when she was living up in SF. It was the most miserable time of my life. I was a flower girl, kind of, at her friend's lesbian wedding that took place here...well not right right here. That part was nice, and it taught me that gay people love the same at a young age. My mom took me up there to stay with her boyfriend's parents (I don't remember why we didn't stay at her place in SF) in Santa Rosa. Oddly enough, where I saw Cool Ghouls. Had an anxiety attack while I was having all the memories rush back and having a freak out running through a residential neighborhood. Anyway, getting back to the story. When I was young I had travelling anxiety (and after the many terrible road trips with my mom, I still sort of do), and I would get super uncomfortable being out of my home town. I'm not going to go into detail why everything was terrible, but I will say that I had to watch the MTV Music Awards of 1997 or something like that and my mom tried to teach me how to swim by just putting me in the deep end. I remember freaking out and maybe I was drowning, I don't remember too much. Maybe I blacked out from swallowing chlorine water that may have had pee in it (I very well may have pissed myself in fear). I'm just grateful that my inflatable Shamu was there. It cemented my love of whales as a child. I still love them and don't care that they may kill their trainers sometimes. I'd be pissed too if I lived in a tank where children screamed at me. Did I mention that I pissed the bed while I was there? I peed all over my mom's boyfriend's brother's bed. I was very uncomfortable sleeping away from home. It was very embarrassing and awful. So, anyway....I didn't have a good time besides when I played with the children of the lesbian couple that were getting married. Cool.....soooo....LOOK AT THE WINDMILL! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! 

Golden Gate Park

Here's where the wedding happened.

I remember picking the flowers here at the wedding. It was much nicer being here as an adult.

BOOFALOO




The Stork Club in Oakland

The bathroom




Jimi Hendrix's house. The Red House.

JIMI!


I forgot which one of these was Jerry Garcia's house. The one up there or down here.


The Fillmore West





Everywhere you look, everywhere you go....BOB SAGET!









I miss you TONY!




Lombard Street





So gay, so hawt



Temple Tattoo in Oakland. The home of the great Freddie Corbin.

The Fox Theatre

Also to be noted. I got a ticket on the MUNI. So fuck you.
Here's the palace I stayed at.

And a palace needs it's booze. I did drink an original Four Loko while I was there and instantly regretted it. It had been sitting around for a year and tasted like a child's Dimetapp spittle (the new Dimetapp, not the old one, the one kind was actually really tasty and I used to drink bottles to myself when I was 5). I drank a new  Four Loko as well, as if that would somehow redeem the shame of drinking a Four Loko (and actually be the legal drinking age). You'd drink terrible malt liquor too if you had to sit around acting like your cool that your friend is dating the human embodiment of trash. You'd cry too if it happened to you (as Leslie Gore insisted).

Matt is the Matt of KCPR...the door matt.

That haircut makes you look like a fat boy scout or a freakishly tall alter boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment