Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nux Fest 2013

What a beautiful picture. Buchon House is burning. BUCHON HOUSE IS DEAD!

Here's a documentary that Tyler Deitz, KCPR's business director, made about Nux Fest 2013. Tyler is rad, he was almost my trainee, but it's ok because I forgive him. I remember when Nuxfest started at Broadfest and the first year it happened was in 2010. Now it has grown into a giant juggernaut of the community. I'm just happy to be apart of it's humble beginnings, and being really fucked up while doing really fucked up things every year. Follow the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T-iYaRkcACc

My favorite part, that I'm the only one meantioned by name and I'm totally fucked up on several levels throughout the whole thing. Also in the end you can hear Hypnic Jerk playing the cover of "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads. Hypnic Jerk is Matt (Guitar, Vocals), Steven (Drums), and Me (Bass). We played Nux!

What wasn't put on camera....when I threw my tampon in the crowd, spit beer on people (I am the bassist that spit that Ben is talking about), when I spit in the crowd (I am the person that spit on that girl), punched people in the face, got punched in the face and my nose bled, when I ate dog tranquilizer in front of the crowd after drinking a Joose and a Red Bull, drinking a bottle of Jim Beam straight, totally spitting up water on Danny's dick when he exposed himself to the camera, and got pushed into the nasty still water pond in front of Xroads, then having to shower during the show. I wore Matt's clothes the whole time, even his underwear,  for the whole night, and I was barefoot and soaking wet the whole time. Showered in beer a lot. The best was in the morning when I was interviewed and Tyler asks "was it worth it" and I was holding my fucked up nose and I said "Yeah, sure". That's the story every year.

3 comments: