Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Miles Ahead - May 20, 2010

Fuck powdered wigs, powdered hair!




I subbed in for Jim Cushing's Jazz show, which was really a great honor that Cushing wanted me for the show. Miles Ahead 8 to 10pm on Thurdays only on KCPR. This week I focused on 20s Flapper, Swing, and Bebop Jazz. I feel so professional now...if only I was...

Kid Ory - "Tiger Rag"
Bix Beiderbecke - "At The Jazz Band Ball"
King Oliver - "Riverside Blues"
Jelly Roll Morton - "Finger Breaker"
Fletcher Henderson - "I Want To See A Little More"
Duke Ellington - "It Don't Mean A Thing"
Gene Kardos Orchestra - "Roll On Mississippi Roll On"
Jesse Crawford and Gene Goldkette - "I'd Love To Call You My Sweetheart"
Paul Whiteman - "Whispering"
George Gershwin - "Rhapsody in Blue"
Earl Hines - "Glad Rag Doll"
Sidney Bechet - "Premire Bal"
Teddy Wilson - Jazz workshop in Berlin 1965
Art Tatum - "Elegy"
Cab Calloway - "Minnie The Moocher"
Count Basie Orchestra - "One O'Clock Jump"
Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey - Jam session
Glen Miller Orchestra - "In The Mood"
Benny Goodman and Peggy Lee - "Why Don't You Do Right"
Artie Shaw - "Begin The Beguine"
Billie Holiday - "Gloomy Sunday"
Lionel Hampton - "Flying Home"
Charlie Christian - "Swing To Bop"
Lester Young - "Jitterbug Jam"
Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie - "Hot House"
Eddie Lang - "Perfect"
Bob Crosby - "Big Wind Blew In From Winnetka"
Eddie Condon and His Orchestra - "The Eels Brunswick"

No comments:

Post a Comment